Thirsty consumers will have to wait a little while longer for a taste of Canopy Growth’s cannabis-infused beverages.
The Smiths Falls cannabis company has announced it will delay the launch date of its cannabis-infused beverages until steps to scale up production are finalized. Canopy Growth initially planned to launch its beverage line in January.
“In order to deliver products that meet our customer’s high standards we are electing to revise the launch date while we work through the final details,” said Canopy Growth CEO David Klein.
Canopy Growth cannabis-infused beverages to look forward to
Canopy Growth plans to roll out over a dozen cannabis-infused drinks. Here’s a taste of what Canadians can look forward to:
- Available in 355 mL cans containing 2 mg of THC and up to 1.5 mg of CBD, Tweed RTD comes in three flavours including Penelope and Tonic.
- Houseplant beverages by Seth Rogan and Evan Goldberg will be available in Grapefruit and Houseplant Lemon flavours. Both drinks contain 2.5 mg of THC per 355 mL can.
- Canopy’s Growth’s sparkling water beverages under the brand, Quatreau, come in several of flavours, each containing 20 mg of CBD. Additional flavours, Ginger and Lime and Blueberry Acai, contain 2 mg of CBD and 2 mg of THC per can.
- Deep Space, the most potent beverage in Canopy Growth’s infused-beverage portfolio, is a dark-coloured carbonated beverage. The drink is available in 222 mL cans and contains 10 mg of THC per serving.
- The company will also launch a brand of beverage mixers called Tweed Distilled Cannabis. Packaged in 150 mL bottles, this product may be mixed with any non-alcoholic beverage or enjoyed on the rocks.
Canopy Growth submitted an application for its beverage facility to Health Canada in June and received its licence in November. The company has since made significant progress towards scaling the production process, said Klien. However, more work is required by Canopy Growth before the cannabis-infused beverages are brought to market.
Canopy Growth intends to provide an update on the launch of its cannabis-infused beverages this summer along with the release of its Q3 FY20 financial results.