Cannabis-infused skincare brand, JADA, has partnered with Dana The Jeweller to create dope jewellery with a bold statement.
The new JADA x Dana jewellery collection is designed to break the stigmas around cannabis that still exist, despite legalization.
“As leaders in the cannabis space, Canadians can now proudly share their passion for the plant,” said JADA founder and CEO, Melissa Rolston.
JADA, a Toronto company, will donate ten percent of its profits to Breaking The Stigma Stories (BTS). BTS is a Canadian non-profit that aims to change the perception of cannabis use and showcase the importance of consumption spaces.
Top 5 marijuana myths
- Most pot smokers are heavy users – The fact is, most cannabis users do not fit the pothead stereotype. In fact, most consumers only use weed sparingly.
- Cannabis has no medicinal value – Tell that to Shoppers Drugmart. There is now a mountain of research to prove the medical benefits of cannabis and pharmaceutical companies are all over it.
- Marijuana can be just as damaging to your body as alcohol is – The truth is, alcohol, tobacco, and prescription medicine are more dangerous.
- Cannabis is addictive – Unlike alcohol, nicotine and most other drugs, cannabis dependence is extremely rare.
- Weed is a gateway to harder drugs – Research has found it is alcohol that acts as a gateway drug.
JADA x Dana gems include necklaces, cufflinks, rings and earrings.
Each piece of jewellery is handcrafted in Toronto with the highest-quality metals and semi-precious gemstones. The cannabis jewellery is currently for sale at JADA’s online jewellery store and will be available at select Canadian retailers this spring.